Heritage Overnight Safari and Gourmet Breakfast
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
Spend a night camping inside the grounds of a royal retreat in the Dubai desert. Begin this overnight adventure with a drive through the desert in an authentic 1950s Land Rover, and watch a falcon demonstration before you enjoy dinner under the stars.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila or Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Shared nature drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a legendary 1950’s Land Rover followed by Falcon demonstration and sunset photo stop among the dunes
- Scrumptious authentic dinner in an exclusive camp set among the rolling dunes of a Royal desert retreat
- Complimentary Camel rides, henna tattoos, bread making, Arabic coffee making and aromatic shisha pipes are available at the camp with cultural entertainment performance
- Stay overnight in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling room. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows, sheets and a peaceful night's sleep.
Extend your heritage experience with an overnight desert safari camping experience at our camp. Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was 50 years ago. Your professional Conservation Guide will escort you on a stunning journey in a museum quality 1950 s Land Rover.
No other vehicle offers a more authentic desert experience to spot exotic local wildlife within the pristine Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Watch the sun drop under the horizon as you watch a falcon soar around you. Your Bedouin camp, lit with the gentle flames of traditional lamps is nestled inside a private Royal desert retreat.
As our guest, we will demonstrate cultural activities such as henna, music, dance, bread making and Arabic coffee making before enjoying a scrumptious dinner under the stars. After dinner, relax beside a bonfire and enjoy the star filled night sky.
Your camp site is inside a traditional Arabic stone dwelling complete with bedding. In the morning, awake to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and a gourmet breakfast.
- Includes hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pick-up time is between 02:30PM and 04:30PM depending on the season/sunset. We will provide the exact time on the day of the tour around 12 pm. You will return to the hotel between 09:00AM and 10:00AM.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep and a Sheila or Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. When staying overnight, we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner and Breakfast
- Shared bathroom facilities (no showers) a short walk from the rooms and available throughout the tour.
- Arabic stone rooms and bedding (mattress, sheets, blankets and pillows) are included.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- The following languages are on request and subject to availability (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian)
- Optional Photos and Videos
Know before you go
• Vegetarian, kids meal and Kosher style meals are available upon request on booking.
• We do not serve alcohol nor permit guests to bring them on tour to stay true to local traditions and showcase the authenticity, warmth and hospitality of this region.
• As our safari drives do not include dune bashing, pregnant ladies can join our safari till the second trimester. After that they could be dropped off at the camp.
• Our guests’ health and safety are of utmost importance to us; therefore, we strictly follow guidelines set by the UAE government.
• We don’t pick up guests from personal residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a personal residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
• A private car booking is required if travelling with children under 5 years old
• Infants below 12 months are not permitted on our wildlife drive, however we can arrange an alternative on request.
• Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the Child rate
• Pick up from Dubai Hotels between 02:30PM and 04:30PM (depends on the sunset)
• The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time.
• Return to the Hotel between 09:30PM and 11.30PM
• Shared bathroom facilities (no showers) a short walk from the rooms and available throughout the tour.
• Arabic stone rooms and bedding (mattress, sheets, blankets and pillows) are included.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM